Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge - Inspired By...

Hey there! Today I have days 21-31 of the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge for you. The challenges for these days were "inspired by" different things.  


Day 21 - Inspired by a Color


Polishes Used:
Nailtiques Formula 2
China Glaze For Audrey
Bow Nail Decal from You Polish
KBShimmer Clearly On Top

I was obviously inspired by a Tiffany Box for this manicure, and China Glaze For Audrey was the perfect color to choose. I had these cute bow nail decals from You Polish that I thought were perfect. I kept it really simple, but I love this manicure. 

Day 22 - Inspired by a Song


Polishes Used:
Nailtiques Formula 2
ellagee Ring, Ding, Ding, Ding, Dingeringeding
Lime Crime Milky Ways
China Glaze Recylce
Essie Licorice
Zoya Purity
KBShimmer Clearly On Top

So the song I was inspired by is "The Fox (What Does The Fox Say)" by Ylvis. Honestly I had wanted to use this ellagee color which is named after a line in this song.  I found a tutorial from elleandish on YouTube for a fox manicure and just went with it! 

Day 23 - Inspired by a Movie


Polishes Used:
Nailtiques Formula 2
Zoya Jacqueline
Zoya Asia
Zoya Arizona
Zoya Josie 
Zoya Mira
Zoya Pippa
Zoya Rocky
KBShimmer Clearly On Top

One of my all time favorite movies is "Sixteen Candles" so that was my inspiration for this manicure. The accent nail is based on one of the best lines, "I can't believe I gave my panties to a geek!" 

Day 24 - Inspired by a Book


Polishes Used: 
Nailtiques Formula 2
Rica Whiteout
Zoya Riley
KBShimmer Clearly On Top

There are a lot of other books that I am inspired by in life, but I wasn't getting nail art inspiration from them. Then it hit me to do a blood splatter mani inspired by Bret Easton Ellis' "American Psycho". I used the straw method to do the splatter effect and love how this turned out! 

Day 25 - Inspired by Fashion


Polishes Used:
Nailtiques Formula 2
China Glaze Recycle 
Zoya Pippa 
Rica Whiteout
INM Out The Door

There were so many options for inspired by fashion. I actually found this look on Pinterest from a blog called "Hello, Gorgeous!" and loved the color combination. I thought it turned out pretty close to my inspiration. 

Day 26 - Inspired by a Pattern


Polishes Used:

Nailtiques Formula 2
Zoya Neely
OPI Taylor Blue
INM Out The Door

I had been wanting to try quatrefoil nails for a while and thought this was the perfect day to do them.  I love how they turned out, and they were really easy to do. I used dotting tools to achieve this look. 

Day 27 - Inspired by Artwork


Polishes Used:
Nailtiques Formula 2
Zoya Neely
Zoya Pippa
Zoya Sweet
Essie Licorice
Sinful Colors My Buoyfriend
INM Out The Door

This look was inspired by the artist Theo van Doesburg. I used a thin paint brush to do the different colored stripes. 

Day 28 - Inspired by a Flag


Polishes Used:
Nailtiques Formula 2
Rica Whiteout 
China Glaze Four Leaf Clover 
Sinful Colors Feel The Vibe 
Straight Nail Vinyls
KBShimmer Clearly On Top

I'm 50% Irish, but 100% at heart so had to do an Irish flag for my manicure! 

Day 29 - Inspired by the Supernatural


Polishes Used:
Nailtiques Formula 2
Rica Whiteout 
Essie Licorice
Sinful Colors Citrine
KBShimmer Clearly On Top

I went with a ghost for inspired by the Supernatural and did some orange & black dots because the ghost reminded me of Halloween. 

Day 30 - Inspired by a Tutorial


Polishes Used:
Nailtiques Formula 2
Zoya Shelby
Zoya Malia
Zoya Purity
Essie Navigate Her
Essie Licorice
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls
KBShimmer Clearly On Top

I found this tutorial for toothpick flowers from elleandish on YouTube.  I had used one of her tutorials earlier and really like her style and teaching technique. She's very easy to follow, and when I saw this one I knew I had to try it. I chose slightly different colors, but think this turned out great. Plus it was really easy to do! 

Day 31 - Inspired by Nails You Love


Polishes Used:
Nailtiques Formula 2
Zoya Ryan
Zoya Purity
Zoya Carey
KBShimmer Clearly On Top

While doing this challenge I looked at a lot of different nail art for inspiration, but one that stood out was from Lucy's Stash.  I found her tutorial for a swirl dotticure on YouTube and knew it was perfect to honor nails I love! I really love how this spiral dotticure turned out! 



I honestly can't believe I completed the entire challenge! It's definitely a proud moment for me! I learned a lot of new techniques and plan on continuing to use them on future manicures. 

What I learned from this is don't be afraid to try. I was really intimidated by some of these days and could have easily given up, but had to at least try. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have ended up with some of these awesome manicures. Do you plan on trying any of these? 

Don't forget to show some love on facebook for the brands I used - China Glaze, ellagee, Essie, Lime Crime, Nail Vinyls, OPI, Rica, Sinful Colors, You Polish, and Zoya!

Thanks for reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment