Pages

Monday, July 24, 2017

The Nail Challenge Collaborative: July 2017 - Beach/Ocean



Hey there!  Today I have my third post for The Nail Challenge Collaborative July Beach/Ocean theme.  One of the scariest things about going to the ocean are the sharks so I had to shark nails for this one.  I started with a base of Zoya Cecilia.  Cecilia is a gorgeous teal crème and for this look I did two coats even though you can get away with one.  This color is very pigmented and did stain when I removed it even with basecoat. 



For the shark I found a tutorial on YouTube from Jenny Claire Fox or @missjenfabulous as most people in the nail community know her.  Her tutorial was easy to follow so I went with the simple accent nail for my shark design.  I do wish that I followed her idea of using a light blue for the nail with the shark so it stood out more because I feel it blends in too much with the teal base color.

 
I created the shark nail freehand and used Zoya Tao and Red Door Red, and Rica Whiteout and Blackout.  I used dotting tools for the eyes and a nail art brush for the teeth.  I know this look is not perfect, but it's still cute and you get the idea that it's supposed to be a shark I hope.  It worked out perfectly with this week being Shark Week on Discovery Channel as well! 

Do you watch Shark Week?  Have you done shark nail art?

Please check out the other bloggers below.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment