Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

A2Z Series Week 18 - R is for Redo/Reboot/Recycle/Recreate

*purchased by me*
 

Hey there!  It's week 18 of the A2Z Weekly Challenge, and this week's theme is R is for Redo/Reboot/Recycle/Recreate.  I decided to redo a look I did before I was blogging and knew about cuticle care!  I used colors inspired by @polishpdxnails on Instagram and recreated her look. 


I used Orly Kiss The Bride as my base color than used a damp makeup sponge and did the gradient using Kiss the Bride and Rica Whiteout.  I applied the gradient twice to achieve this look.


Kiss the Bride is really pretty, but was streaky which is typical with pale pinks. I had to do three coats for full coverage and to have it even out. I don't have a picture of it alone as it was hard to capture in my lighting. I really like how it looked with my skin tone though. 
 

I'm kind of embarrassed to share this, but here is the original manicure that I was inspired to redo. As you can see the colors are different, and I actually prefer it the way it looks now with the lighter pink. Please don't judge me for how awful my cuticles were back then. This is over a year and a half ago.  

What do you think of this gradient mani? What colors should I try for my next gradient? 

Don't forget to check out the other bloggers participating in the challenge and remember to check back every Thursday to see all the creations.  Next week is S is for Silver.  For the complete A2Z Archive head over to the hubpage HERE! 
 
Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment