Pages

Sunday, August 6, 2017

The Nail Challenge Collarborative: August 2017 - Flowers


Hey there!  Today I have my first post for The Nail Challenge Collaborative August Flowers theme.  We've changed things up in NCC, and this month the members got to vote for the theme.  I actually voted for flowers so I'm glad that theme won.  There's a lot of nail art you can do with a flowers so it should be fun to see what everyone comes up with. 


I started with a base of Polish'M Tahitian Treasure which was part of the Seasonal Indie Box for summer.  This purple polish is gorgeous especially with the blue to gold duochrome shift.  In this photo you can really see the gold coming through.  It really shines!


I tried something new for my nail art.  I went with layered stamping which I've never done before.  I used the MoYou London Princess 13 stamping plate for both stamps.  First I did the checkerboard using MoYou London Last Dragon then I stamped the flowers on top with MoYou London Sweet Wysteria.  I love how subtle the flowers are, and I feel like they work really well over the checkerboard. 


I'm very happy with how this turned out, and I will definitely be doing layered stamping again in the future.  This also coincides with the When Colours Collide purple theme so it worked out for both of my challenges.  I hope you like this. 

Have you done any stamped flower nail art?  Which plates do you like best?

Please check out the other bloggers below.  Thank for reading!



2 comments:

  1. I've never done stamping before so it's lovely for me too see what others are doing before i take the leap into purchasing.Interesting design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard sometimes to decide which designs to do, but once you try it you'll be hooked! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

      Delete