Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The Nail Challenge Collaborative - January 2016: Purple

Hey there and Happy New Year!  Today I have my first post for The Nail Challenge Collaborative January purple theme.   


For my first post I decided to do a gradient.  I used three colors from Zoya to create this look.  I started with a base of Megan, then sponged on Megan, Mira, and Pinta. 


I don't love gradients cause they tend to be messy. Thankfully latex barriers are easy to come by these days so I used Ellagee's Lickety Split and found it much easier to do a gradient.  Also, I ordered this little, circular sponge thing from China that helped so much with the application. 


I messed up a little on my index finger, but other than that I'm so happy with how this turned out. I love the color combo, and this was definitely one of my better gradients.  


To be honest with you I struggle with vague themes like this.  I need something more specific to come up with ideas so I decided just to do some nail art techniques I don't do often.  We'll see what I come up with next! 
 
What would you do for a purple nail art mani? Any techniques you think I should try? 
 
Please check out the other bloggers below.  Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment