Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2017

The Color Box - Rainbow Edition

 
Hey there!  I was very excited when I was asked to be a blogger for The Color Box and when I found out the color was rainbow I was even more excited.  The way The Color Box works is that once a quarter the group votes on a color and 5 bloggers partner up with 5 makers to create a color for that box.  This one was a little different since it was rainbow we had 6 bloggers and 6 makers.  Make sure you read all the way through this post for a chance to enter to win this box. 
 
 
I was very happy to be paired up with Shaneka from Polish My Life.  This is a rather new to me brand so it was fun working with her and coming up with a color together.  Shimmers have quickly become my favorite finish so I knew that I wanted a yellow with shimmer.  The photo above was the inspiration photo I selected, and Shaneka created a beauty.  You'll have to keep reading though to see the photos. 
 
Warning: this post will be photo heavy since I decided to do three pics of each color to show you the color in different lighting or with different top coats.  I will be posting in color order, and I'll give a description of the color and let you know who created it.
 
Pahlish Cupid's Bow

 
 
 
Amanda Loves Polish and Pahlish created the red polish for this box.  This is Cupid's Bow which is a deep oxblood jelly with multichrome red and purple shimmer and holo flakes.  This color is the perfect fall red.  It's vampy and beautiful.  I did two coats plus topcoat.  The first two photos are outdoors in sunlight and the third photo is indoors. 
 
Stella Chroma Autumn Serenity

 
 

The Jedi Wife and Stella Chroma teamed up to create this beautiful orange polish for you.  It is a burnt orange linear holo with teal flakies.  I did two coats plus topcoat.  I'm so in love with this color.  Orange polishes have become a favorite of mine and this one screams fall to me.  The first two photos are outdoors in sunlight and the third is indoors. 
 
Polish My Life Golden Sunsets 
 
 
 
Now onto my creation with Polish My Life.  Golden Sunsets is a vibrant yellow cremely with scattered gold and multi-colored shimmers.  This is three coats with topcoat.  You can still see some VNL, but I like how it looks.  First two photos are outdoors in sunlight and the third is indoors. Shaneka definitely nailed (pun intended) my inspiration, and I really love how you can see the golden shimmers in the indoor lighting.  It was such a pleasure working with Shaneka and I hope we can work together again in the future. 



CbL March of the Titans
 
 



Next up is the green polish which was created by Queen of Nails 83 and Colors by Llarowe.  This color is called March of the Titans and is a deep green jelly base with red to gold shifting flakes, green shimmer, and copper, red, to green unicorn pee pigment shimmer.  This color is so unique to my collection.  I did two coats plus topcoat.  I love the shift in this which you can see really well in the first picture. First photo is outdoors in sunlight, second is outdoors in shade, and third is with matte topcoat. 



Pretty Jelly Manna's Mighty Masterpiece
 
 



The blue polish is one of my favorites in this box, but I'm a big fan of blue polishes, and was created by Manna's Manis and Pretty Jelly.  Manna's Mighty Masterpiece is a bright azure scattered holo with green to blue flakies and purple shimmer.  I love this polish so much.  First photo is outdoors in sunlight, second is outdoors in shade, and the third is in the sun with matte topcoat.  This is two coats plus topcoat.  I really didn't want to take this one off. 



Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer End of the Rainbow
 
 



Finally, we have the purple polish which was created by xoxo, Jen and Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer.  End of the Rainbow is a royal purple with a pink to purple/blue shift, purple metallic flakies, and sparse silver holo microglitters.  I'm not generally a purple polish person, but I really love this one.  This is two coats plus topcoat.  The first two photos are outdoors in sunlight, and the third is indoors. 



I really hope you liked all of these photos and the rainbow theme for The Color Box.  It was a lot of fun working with everyone involved in this box, and I was truly honored to be selected to work with them. 






Manna's Manis is offering one box free HERE so make sure you enter. 


You can purchase The Color Box HERE, and you can join the Facebook fan group HERE!



Thanks for reading this entire post!








2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous photos as always, Samantha!! I love how well you captured the shimmers in each Polish. Lovely! Thank you so much for participating with us this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve been looking at these polishes for weeks and they STILL have me drooling! Thanks, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete