Pages

Monday, July 11, 2016

The Nail Challenge Collaborative - June 2016: Video Games

*purchased by me*


Hey there! Today I have my fourth post for The Nail Challenge Collaborative's Video Games theme.  For my final mani I decided to go with Toad from Super Mario Brothers!  I always thought Toad was super cute and decided it would be a fun mani idea! 


I started with a clear basecoat as I knew there would be negative space in this mani.  I used my go to base coat, Nailtiques Formula 2


Then I painted my tips white on three nails using Rica Whiteout.  On the fourth nail I painted a thicker tip with Zoya Avery.  


I used Zoya Red Door Red to paint the stripe on three nails and Toad's head on my ring finger.  I used a black Color Club Art Club striper for the eyes. Using a dotting tool I did Toad's dots on the mushroom cap and the whites of his eyes using Rica Whiteout. I finished it with KBShimmer Clearly On Top topcoat. 


You can see I had a little smearing on my middle and pinky fingers when I applied the topcoat, but besides that I love how this turned out.  Toad is super cute...see what I did there!  

What was your favorite of my four video game looks?  Have you tried any of the looks I did? 
 
Please check out the other bloggers below.  Thanks for reading! 

2 comments:

  1. This is super cute. I loved the Mario Bros. games characters.

    ReplyDelete