Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Nail Challenge Collaborative - July 2016: 80's

*purchased by me*


Hey there!  July's theme for The Nail Challenge Collaborative is 80's.  One thing that always makes me think of the 80's is neon colors and geometric shapes.  We've changed the "rules" in The Nail Challenge Collaborative so starting this month we'll have to do a minimum of two posts a month, but can still do four with time permitting. 


I started with a base of Rica "Whiteout" then created a gradient using Philly Loves Lacquer "Sunshine After The Rain", "We've Got It Glowin' On" and "Hip Hop Marmalade". These colors are from The Bright Stuff, Baby collection which was their 2016 neon collection.  All of the polish names are based on Boy Band songs so of course I needed the entire collection! 


After the gradient dried I stamped using MoYou London "Black Knight" and The Pro XL 18 plate.  This is my first time using a MoYou London stamping polish and let me tell you it stamped like perfection. I will definitely be getting more stamping polishes from them in the future. 


I really love how this mani turned out.  The gradient worked out so well for me, and I love the stamping over it. It definitely reminds me of the 80's!
 
What do you think of this look?  What would you do for 80's nail art? 
 
Please check out the other bloggers below! Thanks for reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment