Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2014

A2Z Series Week 7 - G is for Gold



Hey there!  It's week seven of the A2Z Weekly Challenge, and this week G is for Gold.  I don't own a lot of gold nail polish so I really struggled with an idea for this week. Then my friend sent me this gorgeous Lynnderella Good Gravy, Granny! as a gift, and I knew I had to use it! 


I started with two coats of Bonita Colors Rembrandt's Muse (which I purchased at Rite Aid) on my index, middle, and pinky fingers and two coats of Good Gravy, Granny! on my ring finger.  I still had no clue what to do for the nail art part though so asked some friends for suggestions, and one suggested Christmas ribbons.  I loved that idea and tried to make it look like wrapped presents, but it didn't look right so I went with these abstract bows instead. I used a gold L.A. Colors Art Deco striper I picked up at Dollar Tree to paint on the bows. 


I had a hard time photographing this so I'm sorry my pictures aren't great. I don't normally like gold so I was dreading this week, but I'm actually happy with how this turned out.  And now that I have this Lynnderella I'm a fan of gold nail polish! 

What nail art would you do for gold?  Are there any gold polishes you'd recommend I should try? 

Don't forget to check out the other bloggers participating in the challenge and remember to check back every Thursday to see all the creations.  Next week is H is for Holo.  I love my holos so I'm really looking forward to next week!  For the complete A2Z Archive head over to the hubpage HERE

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: