Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The Nail Challenge Collaborative - June 2016: Video Games

*purchase by me*
 

Hey there! So as I mentioned June's The Nail Challenge Collaborative theme is Video Games.  I already mentioned I'm not a big gamer, but loved the possibilities with this theme.  Well, the only game system I owned, besides Commodore 64 & Atari which I owned as a child and shared with my sister, was a PlayStation. So this post is based on the controller. 


Who doesn't think of the shapes on the controller when they think of PlayStation! I thought this might be a fun idea so decided to try it! 


I started with a base of Rica Blackout which is my favorite black creme.  It's a one coater and just perfection! Rica made this polish for stamping, but I use it for everything! 


To paint the shapes I first used a white Color Club Art Club striper and then painted over the shapes with a striping bush.  I used KBShimmer Radiant Orchid for the square, Zoya Demetria for the circle, China Glaze Four Leaf Clover for the triangle, and Nails Inc Baker Street for the X.  


I can see my flaws, but I think I achieved what I set out to do.  It looks just like the controller so I'm happy with it.  I hope y'all like it!  I'm never perfect on freehand, but do try my best! 

What games do you think would make good nail art?  What games are fun that I'm missing out on? 
 
Please check out the other bloggers below! Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment